Do you want to take your business to the next level? Do you need financing and access to more business opportunities? Then attend the UWC Entrepreneurship Expo on Thursday!
With a view to promoting entrepreneurship among South Africans, and especially young South Africans, UWC’s Centre for Entrepreneurship will host its 2nd Entrepreneurship Expo at the University’s School of Public Health on 21-22 September 2016, 10h00-14h45 and 11h00-13h00 respectively.
The Expo will put together all support services which will benefit SMMEs in one event. It will provide entrepreneurs with information and advice from a variety of public and private organisations on the benefits of entrepreneurship as well as how to start and grow a business.
It is a one-stop shop for SMMEs to access information by setting up relevant exhibitions that will provide information in SMME growth.
The programme will include:
- B-BBEE amended codes of good practice – the impact of the latest changes in B-BBEE legislation on SMMEs in South Africa by George Cloete, Assistant Director of the Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
- Small Business and the new tax compliance status (Tax clearance) by Riyahd Motha, Education Branch Operation at SARS
- Supply Chain by Andile Magadla, Business Support and Skills Development, City of Cape Town
- Incentive Schemes by Lionel Archilles, the Director of the Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
- Red Tape Reduction, Raybin Windvogel, Director of DEDAT – Red Tape Reduction Unit
- Basic conditions of employment act and unemployment insurance fund as well as sectorial determination by Ronel Majiedt-Pullin, Department of Labour.
- Products and Services by Marumo Modiba from the Companies and Intellectual Commission.
- There will also be networking opportunities for you and your business after the event.
The event is sponsored and made possible by ABSA.
UWC Entrepreneurship Expo
Date: Wednesday 21 to Thursday 22 September 2016
Venue: School of Public Health, UWC Main Campus
Time: 10h00-14h45 (Wed) and 11h00-13h00 (Thurs)
For more information about the Expo, contact Charleen Duncan on 021 959 9549 or via email at
email@example.com, or Wendy Mehl on 021 959 9549 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media enquiries, contact Aidan van den Heever on 021 959 9566 or via email at email@example.com.