There are many reasons for UWC to be proud of its rich history and to celebrate its recent successes. Given its history of growing and developing leaders that have impacted significantly in the space of political and economic development of South Africa, UWC has established a Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation which will generate the same successful outcomes in the areas of entrepreneurship education, innovation and small business development as it has done in so many other areas of national development.
UWC understands the key role of entrepreneurship in the context of stimulating small business growth and wants to position itself strongly in this space. UWC understands the importance of this role in reducing unemployment and impacting positively on communities.
We would like you to join this journey, a journey that will see us develop the next generation of entrepreneurial employers and job-creators who will contribute towards addressing unemployment and small business’ needs within our communities and our country by focussing on business growth.
We hope that our aspirations are suf¬ciently aligned with your organisation’s strategic vision to constructively explore partnering with us on this initiative.
THE CEI AIMS TO CONSOLIDATE, CO-ORDINATE AND SYNERGISE ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION ACTIVITIES AT UWC IN ORDER TO:
- Highlight the successes of UWC more prominently with respect to current and future entrepreneurship-related activities.
- Fulfil a co-ordinating role for the current and new entrepreneurship-related activities at UWC and external stakeholders, and seek to develop and leverage synergies among these activities.
- Fund-raise and develop a long-term sustainable financial model for the Centre by developing projects in entrepreneurship for staff, students and external stakeholders.
- Develop an academic program in entrepreneurship that identi¬es with the needs of South Africa and that develops unique course and teaching material for the projects offered by the Centre, as well as for mainstream UWC programmes in entrepreneurship.
- Build a research program in Entrepreneurship relevant to the needs of South Africa and that can drive relevant policy development.
- Collaborate with national and international partners active in the area of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship development.
- Provide the environment with a fellowship of support to new and existing entrepreneurs.
- Provide incubation development and support for small to medium enterprises in the spirit of entrepreneurship that will contribute to the development of the African economy and create and maintain jobs.