Proposed Call for Applications – City of Cape Town
Support Program for SMME Development in the Renewable & Energy Efficiency Sector 2017
The South African Renewable Energy Business Incubator (SAREBI) supports viable small enterprises who manufacture or provide services to the renewable, clean and efficient energy sector. Sarebi was established in 2012 by stakeholders from the Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA) Technology programme, the City of Cape Town and the Western Cape provincial Government.
Our mission is to turn energy entrepreneurs into better business people through appropriate business development interventions.
Sarebi is recruiting candidates for an Enterprise Development Programme in the Western Cape. The City of Cape Town (CoCT) has enlisted the South African Renewable Energy Business Incubator (SAREBI), to implement this Enterprise Development initiative.
Sarebi works with entrepreneurs who are trying to establish or grow small and medium businesses in the Renewable and Energy Efficiency sectors by offering business support and applying appropriate business development interventions.
It is Sarebi’s intent to hone in on the areas of potential improvement and to use its incubation programme to help make a difference or enhance its contribution to sustainability by addressing some of the following areas:
- Reducing threats / maximising opportunities
- Addressing ecological challenges
- Improving Quality of life
- Building community
- Go through a comprehensive business development course
- Develop a business plan
- Receive mentoring support services
- Receive operational support services (Industrial Relations, HR, Accounting and IT support) only after a successful pitching outcome
If you are currently running your own small business or would like to start a new business in renewable energy or energy efficiency, you may benefit from this programme. In order to apply, you need to meet the following minimum criteria;
- Have an understanding of the Solar Water Heater (SWH) systems and Small Scale Embedded Generation (SSEG).
- A viable take-off market for green or energy efficient and renewable energy technologies.
- Be an entrepreneurial-minded person with an aptitude for running a business.
- Qualify as either a new business start-up, or trading Qualifying Small Enterprise (QSE).
About the Incubation Programme
Successful Candidates will be selected to join the Masterclass and Pre-incubation Programmes at Sarebi which runs over a 6 month period starting in May 2017.Click here to read more about the Incubation services.
As part of the Masterclass and Pre-incubation Programmes, business owners will work with a team of experienced people who will assist them with setting up and/or enhancing their businesses. They will also receive formal training on various aspects of running a successful business as well as having access to a business coach for the duration of the programme.
Kindly note, there will be an Information Session on Friday, 31 March 2017 from1pm -2:30pm to share more about the Enterprise Development Opportunity. Kindly ensure that you complete the online application form https://goo.gl/Gu1mMC by 7 April 2017.